The Seton Hall Alumni website is provided by the Sisters Of Charity of Halifax and is designed to facilitate communication among alumni for personal or alumni-related purposes.
The Sisters Of Charity and the Alumni Association have not, do not and will never sell alumni information to anyone. All alumni information is strictly guarded for use by individual alumni and the Alumni Association for personal and Alumni Association related purposes only. These include:
The Alumni Association has taken all reasonable precautions to secure the personal information available through this website. The alumni information is password protected to allow access by registered staff and alumni only. Although this precaution should effectively protect any personal information available through the alumni database from abuse or outside interference, a certain degree of privacy risk is faced any time information is shared over the Internet.
- Contact information will never be shared with a non-affiliated person for any reason, unless they have the prior approval of the order representative.
- Access to information for whole groups or categories of people will be granted only to order staff charged with working with those groups, or to the official volunteer leader of that group subject to the following restrictions:
- No information may be shared with any third party or outside vendor by any individual or group that has access to this data in the absence of the explicit written approval of the order representative.
- The use of the alumni contact information by any individual or group to promote products or services of outside or third party vendors to alumni must be approved in writing by the order representative before any such use can be promised or given.
- The process by which approval to use or share the contact information contained in the database will be granted is as follows:
- If the sharing of data is to be governed by a contract, that contract must be reviewed by the order representative.
- Prior to submitting a contract for review, a written request describing the purpose of the relationship, the mailing or emailing, and including a sample of what is to be sent or a description of the service to be offered must be submitted to the order representative for review.
- The order representative will make a recommendation that the request be approved or disapproved.
- Written confirmation of the approval or disapproval will be sent to the requesting group or individual from the order representative with a copy to the Alumni Association.